Inventors reflect on their thinking and actions in order to make connections they might otherwise miss.
I want to know, what are all of the perspectives?
Pascale, age 9
Children reflect on their thinking and actions when adults…
- ask children questions like, “What made you say that?” “Where did that idea come from?” “How did it feel when…?” “What did you notice when…?”
- invite children to reflect on their work and what they learned using different materials and through writing
- encourage children to see their work and viewpoints from multiple perspectives
- celebrate novel connections
Teachers reflect on their thinking, and actions when they…
- regularly dialogue with colleagues about their experiences and observations about how children learn
- collaborate with colleagues using discussion protocols for thinking and feedback
- have prepared their minds for, and are open to, chance encounters, serendipity, useful surprise, and wondrous happenstance
- use journals, cameras, and audio recorders to capture and revisit learning